Saturday, December 7, 2013

Lisa Super's Sampler Kit

Submitted by Linda
You may remember our post about the Remnants of the Past last June, and MY FAVORITE FIND. Well, I got started on my sampler kit, and I have to say, it is one of my favorite projects, and was so fun to do! Here is Lisa Super's sample: (Click HERE to see her amazing vintage stuff.)
While in Clovis in September, I found a teeny tiny doggie button. I knew that would be my starting point, and so I stitched my house and grass, referring often to Lisa's sample.

Then I started adding ribbons and buttons from the kit, and others that I had bought 
in the Carolinas and at Mindy's Needlework Factory in Eugene, Oregon.
I then started to worry about the layout, so I plopped a bunch of stuff on the fabric, and snapped a photo with my phone, so I could refer back to it.
I had to fill 49 spaces. Below shows it with only 12 spaces left.
Now all the spaces are filled and I love, love, LOVE it! I ended up using some old embroidery and lace from my Grandma's stash, which makes it even more special!
Now to decide how to finish it. I could bind it and hang it on a cute hanger/clip thing, like the sample, but I'm leaning toward having it framed. Either way, I will love having it around.

1 comment:

Liz Leahy said...

Love how it turned out! Very cute! I vote for framing it :>