Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Stitching Update: April 2014

 Submitted by Linda
Hello out there in the blogosphere! I'm embarrassed to see that my last post was in February! Time just marches on, doesn't it?

I've had a super busy march, getting ready for a big trip which I recently took (more on that later), but in the meantime, I've still been stitching away with my mom.

First up is a set of pillowcases that I intended to make and give away as a wedding gift to some lucky couple. But they're so cute, I think they may go on my own bed! The pattern is called Sweet Dreams and is from Crabapple Hill.
For Christmas I was gifted with the pattern and the set of 8 perle cotton flosses to make these darling Easter towels from Bird Brain Designs. You will see below that I've been a veritable dishtowel factory!


They're all so cute (if I do say so myself), but my favorite is this bewildered bunny.
Last year I had three nieces who had 4 babies (one set of twins), and I thought we were temporarily at the end of the baby wave. So I was thinking that I would take a break from embroidering this oh-so-sweet Mary Englebreit bunny for baby blankets. But alas, four more babies are coming this spring and summer (to three different nieces-another set of twins!) A pink blankie was delivered last week, but this weekend I'm attending a shower for a baby, and we don't know if it's a boy or a girl! This baby's parents love all things rustic, so I chose this 'latte' colored minky and added a neutral green bow on the bunny. I hope they love it! 
I'm not a big sewer, but growing up in a 'fair' family, I want to make sure every new baby in our family has a special soft flannel/minky blanket made with love. So I keep stitching bunnies. As for this luscious latte colored minky, I found it at fabric.com, when I was dissatisfied with the choices at my local fabric stores. Technology is a wonderful thing! 

1 comment:

DM Birdlady said...

Linda, your stitching is AMAZING! Love it all!